Monday, May 2, 2011

Los Angeles General Contractor - Home Remodeling Made Easy with a Los Angeles General Contractor

Hardwood Flooring Los Angeles, Acoustic Removal

As a freelance interior designer and Southern California homeowner, I am always looking for new ways to redecorate, remodel, and renovate homes. My goal is to bring creative designs to homes while keeping costs low. I began one of my biggest projects beginning by hiring a licensed Los Angeles General Contractor to begin the transformation on my own home that I had just purchased so a remodel was in order. Because of my location, I wanted my home to embody the Southern California lifestyle as being laid back yet sophisticated. I began speaking with my contractor about the design and started to get feedback about how things would get done, what types of materials we needed to use, and budgeting the expenses.


My contractor suggested beginning with Acoustic Removal as the ceilings still had popcorn texture on it, very outdated. It also made the room seem dusty and old, so they absolutely had to be removed. In another room the ceiling was discolored, chipped, and needed some patching, so acoustic removal was in order. With acoustic removal, I was also able to choose what type of ceiling texture I wanted to update certain areas of the home with. My contractor suggested an orange peel texture that looked clean and really brightened up the room. Because we were working on the ceilings it also made us look into lighting. There are many different types of Lighting Los Angeles and Orange County contractors recommend but I was looking for something specific. I chose to go with recessed lighting with a dimmer option. In Los Angeles, I was getting plenty of sunlight so I figured lighting wouldn't be the biggest priority and decided to be energy efficient with the dimmer option.


The home I purchased was built around the 1950's and the floor was still linoleum! It was probably a character of the house I was most excited to change. The kitchens and bathrooms were linoleum and the other living spaces had tile flooring that was chipped, discolored, and outdated (including the bedrooms!). My contractor explained that with Hardwood Flooring Los Angeles homeowners have been able to keep costs low and easily maintain it in their homes. Hardwood flooring is easy to maintain as it is durable, easily cleaned, and fairly inexpensive. My contractor provided me with an array of hardwood flooring materials and explained each one's life expectancy, price, and benefits. Installing hardwood flooring into the home really brought it to life along with all the changes we made to the home, and now it is ready for resale!

3 comments:

Angelina said...

Hi!
Very nice post. For a reliable source of home remodeling contractors visit http://www.channelconstruction.com/

Anonymous said...

This blog is very good it contains lot of information about Home Contractors Los Angeles.
Home Contractors Los Angeles

Anonymous said...

Great post! I think that home contractor company has a lot great services based on the content that you've post. Anyway, if you have time, you can read more information about home builders and home contractors, just click here.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...